No products in the cart.
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT – ENUMERATORS
Job Title: Enumerator
Locations: Adamawa (Madagali, Michika and Gombi) Employment type: Service Based Engagement Contract
Project Title: Preventing Conflict Related Sexual Gender Based Violence (CRSGBV) in Northeast Nigeria
Anticipated Length of Engagement: Twenty months (up to eight working days) Reports Directly to: Programme Assistant
- The enumerator will work closely with the project team to ensure the implementation of data collection for baseline survey, Mid-term and End-term assessment and any other data collection exercise required within the contract period.
- The enumerators will collect data via phone tablet devices in the field with the project staff after receiving training on how to use Data collection tool and understanding the assessment questionnaire.
- Enumerators will work on days required by the project team and payments will be made according to the number of accurate entries made at the end of the exercise based on the completed attendance sheet. Role of the Enumerator
- Administer questionnaire using data collection tool (Kobo collect) on Phone tablet device
- Participate in daily debrief sessions with Project team (during data collection period), to present findings and invite input.
- Conduct in-depth interviews on Conflict Related Sexual Gender Based Violence in the community
- Work closely with the project team to administer the total number of forms required for the assessment according to the target.
- Follow JIID policies regarding information and data management and protection of project participants.
- Conduct Key in-depth interviews (KII) and FGDs in the assigned communities
- Interpret interview questions to assist respondents in understanding and providing relevant answers.
- Comply with quality and research ethics requirements during field works (this includes data protection and information confidentiality of respondents or target project participants)
- Enumerators are expected to always be respectful of the community and community leadership and membership.
Qualifications, skills and Experience
- Applicant must have a minimum of ND, NCE or Degree in any field and one (1) year experience in data collection working with NGOs.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection in Northeast Nigeria.
- Experience working with Kobo collect and administering questionnaire.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skill, respect, patience and good leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Candidates must be resident in Adamawa State to carry out the exercise, preferable from Michika, Madagali and Gombi Axis.
- Ability to speak Hausa language is an added advantage.
- High regard for cultural norms and traditions.
- Evidence of training on Protection Against Sexual Exploitation (PSEA) Application closing date 3rd March 2023 by 5:00pm. Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org with clear subject of the application “APPLICATION FOR ENUMERATOR”. Application after the deadline will not be considered. Note
- Enumerators would undergo training on the specific tools to be used for the assignment before deploying to field.
- Enumerators would be hired on a 2-year contract basis; however, they only be paid based on days worked, meaning that, enumerators are only paid when they are engaged by JIID team within the period of the contract.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the sensitivity of the topic for data collection, qualified female enumerators are strongly advised to apply.